Merchant & Mills
British Oilskin in Red
British Oilskin from Merchant & Mills is the very highest quality – made in the UK, and finished to age and wear beautifully.
Made from 100% coated cotton, British Oilskin features a blend of oils and petroleum-based waxes which is impregnated into the fibre and saturates the cloth. Ideal for sewing bags and accessories as well as outdoor clothing (for example, Merchant & Mills’ Top 64 and Landgate patterns), it is recommended to sew with a denim needle and 100% poly thread for the sturdiest designs that you’ll love to use and wear every day. Over time, the fabric can be reoiled to retain its traditional water-resistant qualities.
- Fabric Type: British Oilskin
- Composition: 100% Coated Cotton
- Roll width (finished/usable): 150cm
- Weight: 405 g/sm
- Usage: Bags, outdoor clothing
- Care: Not washable - wipe with a damp cloth