This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and Liberty the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website and any Services or Systems therein. This Policy should be read alongside Liberty’s Website Conditions of Use, which tell you the terms on which you may use the Website.
By using the Website or by otherwise providing Liberty with your information, you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this Policy. You warrant that any data provided by you on the Website is accurate.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means collectively the personal information, payment information and credentials used by Users to access content and / or any communications System on the Website “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Liberty Ltd when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site.
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems.
“Liberty” means Liberty Limited, a company registered in England with company number 3967671, having its registered office at Regent Street, London W1B 5AH United Kingdom “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Liberty makes available through the Website either now or in the future
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that Liberty makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links.
“User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Website
“Website” means the website that you are currently using (//www.libertylondon.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. www.libertyoflondon.co.uk) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions
Liberty may collect Data about you that you provide to Liberty when you use its Website, including, but not limited to, information that you provide when you fill in forms on the Website, register to use the Website, submit reviews or ratings and participate in discussion boards or any other social media functions on the Website. In addition if you contact us by phone, email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- Date of Birth.
- Job Title.
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests.
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers.
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected).
- Operating system (automatically collected)A list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on the Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected).
- Technical information about your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, your IP (Internet Protocol) address used to connect your device to the internet and Liberty’s Website, traffic data, location data, log data, your browser settings, the date and time of your visits, and details regarding which pages, products or resources on the Website you access.
- Cookie information in accordance with our Cookies policy
OUR USE OF DATA
Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Liberty for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Website. Data that you may submit through any communications system that Liberty may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 12 months.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by Liberty from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service. In particular, Liberty uses your Data:
- To process any of your purchase transactions.
- To analyse the information collected in order to examine trends and patterns in the Data and improve the Website.
- To notify you about changes to Liberty’s services.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to Users and to deliver relevant advertising.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest.
- To contact you for your views on the Website.
- For internal record keeping.
- To help Liberty improve its store and online product assortments and services for you.
- For all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of Liberty’s operations and business.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Liberty will do its best to protect your personal Data, it cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Liberty has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that it collects online.
Your data may be stored by third parties on Liberty’s behalf. Liberty, and its third party contractors, employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help Liberty keep its records up-to-date by informing it of any changes to your email address and other Data.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this Policy or for purposes approved by you.
Liberty may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services shall have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Liberty requests and for no other purposes.
Liberty may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, in particular we may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- If Liberty is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Liberty’s Website Conditions of Use and other agreements.
- To protect Liberty’s rights and property, or its safety and its Users’ safety.
- For the purposes of preventing or reporting any illegal or immoral activity.
- For the purposes of appropriately dealing with any complaints or issues with the Website or any content which has been posted on it.
Liberty will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties other than in accordance with this Policy, unless it has your permission or is required by law to do so.
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
Liberty may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Website you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Website and, where appropriate, notify you by email.