Fairfield Button-Up Shirt Sewing Pattern
Create a bespoke button-up shirt with the Fairfield sewing pattern from Thread Theory – a versatile addition to any dressmaker’s arsenal.
An elegant silhouette accented with modern design elements, this intermediate sewing pattern is suitable for sizes XS-4XL and forms part of Thread Theory’s Cityscape Urban Menswear Collection. With a slim collar, optional chest pocket, flat felled seams and a yoke, the design features all the classic details of a staple button-up shirt. Ideal for creative novices and sewing aficionados alike, craft it from chambray for a directional take.
- Fairfield Button-Up Sewing Pattern
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Kit includes: Tissue copy of the pattern, 21-page illustrated instruction booklet, Embroidered Thread Theory garment tag, Chip board pattern folder with string closure
- Suggested fabrics: Medium weight cottons including but not limited to cotton shirting, poplin, lawn, oxford, chambray and flannel
- For sizes XS to 4XL (92 cm chest to 127 cm chest)
- The Fairfield includes regular sizing for slim to average figures and a separate set of pieces for larger figures to accommodate a rounded stomach
- Additional requirements: Medium weight fusible or sewn-in interfacing, Ten 3/8"" (1 cm) or 1/2"" (1.3 cm) buttons, Two optional 3/8"" (1 cm) buttons for the sleeve placket, Two optional 3/8"" (1 cm) or 1/2"" (1.3 cm) buttons for the sleeve tabs