Maria Tash Piercing at Liberty
Visit the piercing pioneer’s in-store studioFind out more
COVID-19 NOTICE: Due to Covid-19, please note our London store is currently closed, but you can shop online as normal. As in-store services will also be closed during this time, we request that no further bookings or contact be made until government advice changes. For more information please see our COVID-19 FAQs
Maria Tash has been a designer and retailer of fine jewellery for over 20 years. Her eponymous piercing spa in New York City is frequented by celebrities and the fashion and beauty industry elite, thanks to her unique technique and unrivalled design eye.
Having chosen Liberty as her first permanent base outside the US back in 2016, Tash’s expert piercing, styling advice and beautiful gem-set jewellery can be experienced in one of three private rooms on G.
In need of some inspiration? Have a browse here or come in for a consultation with one of our highly skilled piercing specialists or stylists.
Maria Tash follows our regular store opening hours. Please note, this may change to reflect bank holidays and seasonal hours.
Walk-in appointments are sometimes available but we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. To book, please click here or +44 (20) 4540 0458 . Press option 1 for Client Services and option 2 to speak to the store counter.
Earlobe - £15 / Outer Ear Cartilage (Helix) - £20 / Inner Ear Cartilage (Tragus, Rook, Tash Rook, Conch, Forward Helix Orbit) - £30 / Nostril or Septum - £30 / Nipple - £30 / Navel - £30 / Dermal - £30 / Sterilisation & Insertion into existing piercing - £15
Please be aware that all piercings at the Maria Tash piercing studio can only be pierced with Maria Tash jewellery. Service cost does not include price of jewellery.
- You must be over the age of 18 to get a piercing unaccompanied by an adult.
- Those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their legal guardian. Both child and legal guardian must have a valid photographic ID or equivalent with them on the day (e.g. passport, driver’s license, birth certificate). If child and legal guardian’s last name are different, proof of guardianship must also be presented (passport, birth certificate etc.).
- A valid photographic ID or equivalent will be required for proof of age. Where this is not present, the piercing team have a legal right to refuse service.
- Children must be aged 8 or over to have an earlobe piercing, and aged 16 or over for cartilage piercings.
- You must be over the age of 18 for nipple piercings.
- You must be aged 16 or over to have either nostril or navel piercings. If you are under the age of 18 you must follow the terms in points two and three.
- All the Maria Tash jewellery is nickel-free 14K to 18K gold, stainless steel or medical grade titanium.
- Clean your piercing morning and night until it is fully healed, which can take several months to a year, depending on the piercing and your own body. Cleaning more than four times a day or using harsh cleaning products can irritate your piercing and delay healing.
- Do not remove your jewellery during healing time as it will begin to close immediately, making it difficult to reinsert. If your jewellery is uncomfortable and needs to be refit during the healing period, please come back to Maria Tash at Liberty London for an adjustment.
- Avoid touching the piercing with un-washed hands and fingernails, or getting other people’s saliva or bodily fluids in the area.
- Avoid friction and pressure, such as sleeping on the piercing or tight clothing during the healing period.
- Swimming in chlorinated pool water or fresh water lakes during the first six to eight weeks of the healing period should be avoided. Clean salt-water swimming locations are better for your piercing.
- We recommend using NeilMed Wound Wash fine mist spray. Apply this directly to the piercing, then, using a high-quality cotton bud, gently clean around the front and back of the piercing. Do not move the jewellery or touch the piercing outside of the cleaning routine.
- If you experience a build-up of dried matter on the piercing, use warm water on a paper towel, this will reduce the matter. DO NOT pick or pull the dried matter as they are attached to the healing tissue and will aggravate your healing process.
- When showering, be careful to keep soaps, shampoos and body washes away from a fresh piercing.
- DO NOT turn or rotate your jewellery as this will aggravate your healing process.
- DO NOT clean your piercing with alcohol or bactine as none of these products are designed for deep wound care.