Liberty Loyalty Connect FAQs
ABOUT THE TRIAL
Mastercard and Liberty have partnered to implement a technology which allows you to connect your Liberty loyalty account to any payment card. Meaning no more searching around for your loyalty card or needing to provide your email address at the till. All you need is the same payment card you already use to complete your purchase. Saving you time at the till and making sure you never miss out on loyalty points again.
What is Liberty Loyalty Connect?
Liberty Loyalty Connect is a technology enabled by Mastercard which allows you to connect your loyalty card to your payment cards (e.g. Mastercard, Visa, Amex, including Credit and Debit cards). This means you no longer need to carry all your different loyalty membership cards in your wallet. All you need is the same payment card you already use to complete your purchase (which you connect via the Liberty London website).
Why should I use Liberty Loyalty Connect?
Liberty Loyalty Connect removes the need for you to carry and present your loyalty card, and also saves the need to manually search for your Loyalty ID at the check-out. All you need to do is present your connected payment card at the till to collect your reward points as normal. No more searching for your loyalty card or missing loyalty transaction points.
Why is Mastercard involved?
- As a payments technology company, Mastercard connects cardholders, retailers as well as banks and continually invests in breakthrough products on their global network. As with all their product development, this trial is aimed at providing people with a smart, safe and more convenient ways to shop.
- This rollout is a Mastercard initiated campaign in collaboration with Liberty to test and measure a new product innovation designed to simplify the collection of reward points when shopping at the Liberty department store in London.
How do I use Liberty Loyalty Connect?
- SIGNUP: By registering an account at Libertylondon.com
- CONNECT: Your payment card within the Liberty Loyalty Connect section of the website
- VISIT LIBERTY: In-store and start shopping!
- PRESENT THE CONNECTED CARD: On the Loyalty Connect reader at the check-out, to recall your Liberty London loyalty ID (Make sure it is the same one you connected via the website).
- PAY: As you normally would!
Does it work with Apple Pay/Samsung Pay?
Liberty Loyalty Connect is not yet enabled for mobile wallet payments. However it is on our wish-list.
Do I have to bring the connected card to the store?
Yes. Make sure you remember to bring the connected payment card into the store when you shop so that you can present it at the till on the Loyalty Connect device to access your Liberty Loyalty account.
Why do I need to present my payment card twice? Will I be charged twice?
- By presenting your connected card on the separate Loyalty Connect device, you are prompting an initiation of the loyalty system (populating your unique loyalty ID). No payment information is transmitted.
- Our system has been specifically developed to ensure that the loyalty component is completely separate from all payment transactions, to ensure that you’re never charged twice.
How does the technology work?
Liberty Loyalty Connects ability to connect your loyalty account with your payment card is supported by proprietary Mastercard technology which connects the loyalty membership ID with your registered payment card. So you only need to use your connected payment card at the check-out to collect your points.
How can I provide feedback on my experience throughout this trial?
We will also be conducting research throughout the Liberty Loyalty Connect launch and really appreciate you taking the time to participant and respond.
DATA & PRIVACY
What is GDPR and how is it relevant to Liberty Loyalty Connect?
- GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation that came in effect in May, 2018.
- GDPR, together with the new UK Data Protection Act 2018, forms part of the data protection regulatory regime in the UK.
- The personal data you provide to us will be governed by this regulatory regime.
What is personal data?
- Personal data is the information relating to natural persons who can be directly or indirectly identified or identifiable.
- In our context some examples of personal data include your name, email address and card number.
Is my data safe?
Your payment card data is never stored on the website, and only the last-4 digits of your linked cards are visible in the Loyalty Connect section of your online account. Your data is stored within Mastercard data centers, encrypted using bank level encryption technology.
What information will you be collecting?
What are my rights associated with the personal data that I give to you?
How do I remove/disconnect a payment card?
You can de-connect your payment card in the Loyalty Connect section of Libertylondon.com.
What do I do if there is a technical issue with the service?
Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I cannot see the Loyalty Connect option in my online account. How can I link my payment card?
If you have registered a loyalty account online, please check the following:
- For newly registered accounts, you must wait 24 hours before the service becomes available to link payment cards to your Loyalty account
- For Liberty staff, you must wait also ensure you use the same email address registered to your existing loyalty account.
Can I connect more than one payment card at a time?
You can connect as many cards to the service as you like
Can I connect all types of payment cards to my loyalty card?
Yes, you can connect all types of payment cards including Mastercard, Visa and Amex within the Liberty Loyalty Connect application. Only China Union pay cards are currently unsupported.
What if there is an issue in the store with presenting my connected card at the till?
- The Liberty staff have been specially trained to handle on the spot technical issues.
- We will always ensure that you accumulate the correct points and are able to use any valid vouchers.
I don’t have a contactless payment card. Can I still connect it and use the Loyalty Connect system?
Our system has been designed to accommodate all types of cards. You are able to use contactless, insert the chip and even swipe the connected card on the Loyalty Connect reader.
What do I do if the store staff were unaware of the Liberty Loyalty Connect launch?
Please ask the staff member to check with a colleague who knows about the new process
Terms & Conditions
- There are five prizes available, each consisting of two level 1 tickets to The BRIT Awards 2020 on 18 February 2020 at the O2, London (the “Prize”).
- Winners and their guests must be aged 18 or over.
- Winners and their guests acknowledge and agree that they are subject to the full terms and conditions of the tickets which form part of their prize, which can be viewed at www.brits.co.uk/terms-and-conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time and may include the requirement for ticket holders to present valid photo ID (passport or driving licence) and/or other forms of identification (such as a debit or credit card) upon entry to the Event to ensure that the ticket holder is the same as the person named on their ticket. Tickets are personal to the winner(s) and the sale or offering for sale, transfer, resale, donation, or exchange of any tickets is strictly prohibited (including, without limitation, in person or online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace). Failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the Event.Winners and their guests acknowledge and agree that they are subject to the full terms and conditions of The O2 (Venue), which can be viewed on the Venue’s website.
- Any further details relating to the Prize will be notified to the winners when they are contacted.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winners in the general use and/or enjoyment of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Prize packages (and associated tickets) are personal to the winner(s) and the sale or offering for sale, transfer, resale, donation, or exchange of any tickets and/or part of any of the prize packages is strictly prohibited (including, without limitation, in person or online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace). Liberty reserves the right to cancel tickets and withdraw or make void any and all prize elements if this term is not complied with.
- Liberty accepts no responsibility for the cancellation or alteration of any event to which the tickets relate.
- Liberty reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute the Prize for another prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- If the Prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up the Prize, or does not claim the Prize by 11 am on 7 February 2020, the Prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at Liberty’s sole discretion. Liberty will not be responsible for any inability of the winner to take up the Prize.
SELECTION OF THE WINNER
- The winners will be the first 5 entries drawn at random by an independent person from all eligible entries received before the Closing Time and will be contacted within 48 hours of the Closing Time.
- The winners will be contacted by the Big Group within 24 hours of the winner, or any replacement winner, claiming the Prize.
Mastercard Loyalty Connect Terms and Conditions
- By providing your card details you agree to sign up to Mastercard Loyalty Connect trial, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Mastercard Loyalty Connect allows you to use any linked payment cards as your Liberty Loyalty card when shopping in the Liberty store.
- To use your payment card as your Liberty Loyalty card, you will need to tap your linked payment card on the Mastercard Loyalty Connect reader at the point of purchase in the store.
- Liberty reserves the right to withdraw the Mastercard Loyalty Connect service at any time, without notice to you.
- Your participation in the Liberty Loyalty programme is subject to the Liberty Loyalty terms and conditions, which are available here.