You may think it takes an accomplished hand to achieve photo-ready wedding makeup but, for many of us, the idea of relinquishing control for your big day is a risk too far. Luckily, there's help at hand and, as we explore new notions of apropos bridal beauty, the confidence to take on the task yourself should follow. Remember, wedding day makeup needn't be neutral and understated. Throw out the rulebook as we guide you through two modern makeup looks that are as arresting as they are easy to master.
A beautiful base and skin, effortlessly highlighted with a sun-kissed glow and a groomed heavy brow.
- Prep skin with Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum and LIXIRSKIN Universal Emulsion
- Apply Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation where needed to even out the complexion
- Next, blend Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer under the eyes and on top of cheekbones to balance out any dark areas
- Brush the eyebrows up and outwards, and set in place with Sisley Phyto-Sourcils Fix in no 0
- Using a large powder brush, dust NARS Bronzer in Laguna over the whole face, with more attention to the cheekbones and hairline, so as to achieve a sun-kissed glow.
- Sweep Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder over the top of the cheekbones, blending Sisley Phyto Blush Twist in No3 Papaya into the centre of the cheek for a rosy, peach-like flush
- Finish by sweeping Hourglass Graphik Eyeshadow Palette in Expose over the eyelid and under the eye for a little understated definition, patting RODIN Luxury Lipstick in So Mod onto lips for an effortless finish
This look is all about keeping the focus on the mouth. Modern, graphic, chic and simple.
- Prep the skin with Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum and LIXIRSKIN Universal Emulsion, as before
- Following the same steps for foundation and concealer, then blend a small amount of Sisley Instant Éclat Base Lumiere over foundation for the ultimate smooth glowing base
- A soft sweep of Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder across the T-Zone will control shine and boost your base's staying power
- Brush the eyebrows up and outwards and lightly fill using Sisley Phyto-Sourcils Perfect Eyebrow Pencil in Chatain
- Apply a little NARS Multiple in Puerto Vallarta to the apples and tops of the cheeks
- Finally, fill in the lips with Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Control, then even out the lip line with Nars Precision Lip Line in Mougins